Hello all! Today I have two cards for you, which I am entering in the Moxie Fab World Wonder of Watercolor Challenge (http://www.moxiefabworld.com/2013/04/the-wonder-of-watercolor-challenge.html)! I was very excited about doing this challenge as it allowed me to get out my Twinkling H2O’s and play with them! In my first card – which I call my “empty nester’s card” – I created the background with two stamps and two watercolors. One thing I really like about the H20’s is that where the color “puddles”, it gives the impression of depth and shading. I love the sentiment as it reflects what we should hold on to as our children go out into the world on their own – our memories of them!
I absolutely love all the shine of Twinkling H2o’s! Although my fingers were itching to put some embellishments on the card, I really wanted the background paper to shine, so to speak. 🙂
Here is a Sympathy card – also made with Twinkling H2O’s. I chose this stamp for sympathy as it has the appearance of reverence to me – as if the flowers are bowed in prayer.
Products used (Empty Nester’s card):
- Stamps: Leaf vine (https://www.rubbernecker.com/), Solid Peony (http://www.impressrubberstamps.com/), sentiment from Favorite Memories by Ali Edwards (http://www.techniquetuesday.com/)
- Papers: Neenah Solar White, Canson Bristol (from Michael’s), Paperandmore.com Ponderosa Pine Linen #80
- Punches & Dies: Spellbinders Long Classic Rectangles Large
- Inks/Color Mediums: Ranger Archival Ink Jet Black, Twinkling H20’s in Rainforest and Meridian
- Other: Hunter green ribbon scrap (Hobby Lobby)
Products used (Sympathy card):
- Stamps: Spring Day (http://www.localkingrubberstamp.com/), sentiment from Gina K. Designs Poster Board Sentiments (http://www.shop.ginakdesigns.com/)
- Papers: Canson Bristol (from Michael’s), AC Bubblegum Pearl Tweed, Paperandmore.com Black
- Punches & Dies: not applicable
- Inks/Color Mediums: Ranger Archival Ink Jet Black, Twinkling H20’s in Sweet Alfalfa, Jasmine, and Sunflower
- Other: Silver gauze ribbon (http://www.papermart.com/)
Would love to hear your comments and opinions!