I am totally enamored with Kelly’s shaker card from today’s class! Inspiration to the max!!! lol I just couldn’t wait to get crafty and make one for myself! Here it is –
I loved the way Kelly made her own striped paper, so I did the same with the cardstock in brown and blue. I stayed pretty well within the color palette, except for the centers of the flowers and the little bee (which was a button, and I removed the shank). The bottom of the card has glitter in it (you can see it in the lower left corner) and good ol’ static cling of the acetate allows the glitter to adhere in places, which you can clearly see in the picture.
The craft foam I had on hand was really thin and self-adhesive. So, I cut three pieces of it with Spellbinders Label Eleven dies and adhered them to each other. Since, the result was about 1/4″ wide, I used 1/4″ scor-tape to go around the edges and add brown glitter so the foam wouldn’t show at the side of the card. These next two photos show the card from the left side angle and the right side angle.
- Stamps: Hero Arts Everyday Sayings set (CL342)
- Papers: Neenah Solar White, Gina K. dark chocolate, blue raspberry, ocean mist and turquoise sea cardstocks
- Punches & Dies: My Favorite Things Dienamics Blueprints 1 (stitched label die), Spellbinders Labels Eleven dies, Creative Time Dies (Stitched Daisy, Stitched Clouds, and Flower Petal Dies) found at http://www.creativetimeforme.com/, Taylored Expressions Branches, Banners, and Bloom die set (leafy branch); various Martha Stewart butterfly punches
- Inks/Color Mediums: Versamark
- Embossing Powders: Zing! Chestnut
- Other: Scotch Glue with 2 way Applicator, Scotch ATG, Scotch Foam Tape, acrylic gems, Dress Up! button(bee), Art Glitter
I am SOOOOOOO enjoying this class! And, I love the homework! 🙂 Hope you are having a fabulous, crafty adventure! Hugs!