Day 4 is all about stretching your holiday stamps! Techniques include layer stamping and embossing, curve stamping, stamping with the back of stamps, and forming stamps into shapes. I know I get more mileage out of my stamps by using different images & sayings from different stamp sets, together on one card.
I made the following card, using layered stamping, by creating a holiday word background with Paper Smooches Christmas Sampler set. To add depth to the background, i used the snowflakes from Hero Arts Snow Much Joy stamp set (CL629). I stamped the larger snowflake in Hero Arts Soft Yellow Shadow Ink and stamped the smaller snowflake in Hero Arts Soft Leaf Shadow Ink. Here’s the card –
- Card base – Papertrey Ink Berry Sorbet
- Layers – American Crafts Cardstock Green (for circle wreath); Neenah Solar White, DCWV Glitzy Glitter Cardstock Stacks (bow, snowflakes)
- Ink – Hero Arts Shadow Inks in Soft Leaf & Soft Yellow; Hero Arts Mid-tone Pale Tomato
- Stamps – Hero Arts Snow Much Joy (CL629), Paper Smooches Christmas Sampler
- Dies – Lil’ Inker Stitched Circles, Impression Obsession Snowflake Dies (DIE024-X)
- Punches – Martha Stewart Snowflake punches
- Other – Liquid Pearls Rouge, Washi Tape
The inside sentiment is from the same Hero Arts stamp set and reads “wishing you a bright and sparkling holiday season”.
Try to stay toasty! Hugs, Stephanie